Friday, September 3, 2010

Blood work

I had my blood drawn on August 20, 2010. This was the first time since my surgery. I had to fast for this visit since I was getting my cholesterol checked. I had five tubes of blood taken.

We took a short trip to Cape Cod, Mass with the kids before school started. On Tuesday August 24, 2010 I received a text from my Oncologist giving me wonderful news about my blood work. My blood markers CA-127/129 for breast cancer was 18 and CA-125 for ovarian cancer was 15. My cholesterol (LDL) was 98, which is great. My vitamin D was also good.
I wasn't sure where the numbers should be at so I text-ed him back. He replied  for CA-125,127,129 less than 30 is normal. My numbers were great since my numbers where in the teens! I was so relieved and glad to hear this wonderful news before we left. I am able to relax knowing my body is back to normal.

I have a follow up appointment in two weeks with my Oncologist for my routine appointment. We will also go over my blood work in more detail. I have an appointment for a Dexa exam (bone density) scheduled in a week and half.

I am feeling great and very happy that my blood work is back to normal! I have signed up to walk for the 2nd year for the American Cancer Society. Please visit my site. Talk soon.

 Click here to visit my PERSONAL page.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=11611219&pg=personal&fr_id=28154&fl=en_US&et=6OyRWCQMrHgtgZzDoIwEHA..&s_tafId=542293

Click here to view the TEAM page for Bossom Buddies

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?team_id=764037&pg=team&fr_id=28154&fl=en_US&et=crNnSW79UJRXEaC9LIsMZg..&s_tafId=542293

No comments: