Monday, June 8, 2009

started Tamoxifen

I started the Tamoxifen last week. I didn't experience any of the major side effects. YEA!!! The only thing I noticed was a little constipation but I was okay by the end of the week. I am also on several vitamins so its hard to know where these reactions are from. I hope this path continues for the remaining five years minus a week.

I had my one month follow up visit with my Radiation Oncologist last Thursday. The visit went well. She said my skin looked good and at this time I don't have any scar tissue which was a concern after radiation. She suggested to massage the area and this can help any scar tissue that can still build up. The only thing she noticed was my skin was drier on the side I had radiation and to make sure I put some cream on it each day. I have to follow up with her next April 2010. I didn't realize that these visits will remain for awhile.

I am feeling great. I will continue to have follow up appointments through out the summer. My next appointment is in July with my plastic surgeon and my cancer surgeon.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am so happy to hear things are going so well for you Monica..Wonderful news.

Cheryl (friend of your Moms)