Thursday, September 24, 2009

blood work back

I received my results back from my blood work and everything was good. My vitamin D was at a good level so I will decrease the amount I am taking. I asked some questions that I have been wondering about. He explained why he checks my liver. This test will indicate any abnormalities that something might be wrong. The salt level checks for sodium and potassium. I did get my menstrual cycle and I had some bad cramping/pains which I usually don't get. He said that some women will still get their cycle and will not go into menopause. I can follow up with my OBGYN and she can go over perhaps testing for early menopause. I inquired about a bone density test and he wasn't concern at my stage but said this is something we would be discussing in my next visit in February. He mentioned that Tamoxifen has a small ingredient in it that helps protects my bones. When I need to start this test it will be performed every two years. In October I will be seeing my Cancer surgeon as well as my OBGYN.

No comments: