Friday, January 8, 2010

One Year Cancer Free!!!!!!

Yesterday January 7, 2010 was a year from when I had my cancer removed. I am a one year survivor and many more years to come! YIPEE It was a hectic year. The surgery is behind me but the follow up appointments and staying on top of my medical will be my new challenges. There were times that this journey seemed like it wasn't real and it was a big mix up or a dream.


I wouldn't let this cancer take me down and that’s how I got through it. I would focus on each step of my process and fight as hard as I could to get to the next step. I look back and I do have to say, I am surprise I wasn't more emotional at times. Believe me, I was emotional but I think I needed to be strong so my body can remove this awful disease and work through the bad moments.

Unfortunately since I had my surgery, I have found out that a few friends had a biopsy or going through breast cancer. Each of us have different circumstances but I think it is good for me to talk and share my experiences or direct them to my blog. I wish for a quick and healthy recovery for all.

My life has change forever. We recently looked into health insurance options and cancer is consider a pre-existing condition so I do now feel that I have a label on me. I didn't commit a crime or choose to have cancer. We do have health insurance and will continue to have coverage through Gene's work but makes me wonder for the future. Will the president get the law passed so individuals can't be denied of pre-existing conditions, what will happened if we need to get new insurance in the future. I will express my opinion if needed for the new law not to pass for mammograms not to be preformed until age 40. It saved my life and I want others to be saved! I can't stress on issues that aren't a problem at this time but it makes me wonder. No matter what happens, I will continue to see all my doctors and make sure my health is good.

I will follow up with my blog in a few weeks after my two month follow appointment with my plastic surgeon.

No comments: