Monday, November 30, 2009

plastic surgeon visit on 11-19-09

Okay I was lacking to post my last doctor visit. No news is good news they say!
I had my 2 week follow up with my plastic surgeon on November 19, 2009. She said my nipples are healing well and I just need to put neosporin medicine on at night time. She trimmed some of the stitches that were not dissolved. I was glad because I had a few stitches that would sometimes pock through my shirt and was sharp. There was no pain. The areola is still red and purple but that's the healing process. I will only cover them with gauze only if I am wearing a fancy shirt just in case of some stains otherwise there is no need. She took some pictures to add to my collection. She saw the doctor who I got my third opinion from in NY to determine if I needed radiation and he was asking about me. I was shocked he remembered me and was touched that he asked.

Three days prior to the visit, the bandage came off from my lower stomach area. That was a relief since it was pulling on my skin. She said the area looked well and is healing. She mentioned that I have to wait four weeks for any heavy lifting or to exercise. Its hard because I feel great and look good from the outside by I have to remember I have stitches that need to heal on my breast and my stomach. I am still having pain where the stitches are in my stomach but it seems just on my right side. The pain seems to happen when I lay on my right side in bed but when I lye on my left side I am okay. The doctor said its probably a nerve that is bothering me and the stitches are healing inside.  I will go back to my plastic surgeon in two months for a follow up.

On November 24, my husband noticed since I haven't really been examining the nipples that my right nipple was pointing down and seemed it was losing its ability to stay up. I got a little worried and didn't want to wait two months so I wrote via e-mail to my plastic surgeon. She responded right away and  said the following: "everything you feel and see is perfectly normal the nipples will change a lot over time pain expected for about four weeks Motrin or Aleve should work".

As of today November 30, 2009 I am feeling much better. My pain in my stomach is at a minimum but I still feel uncomfortable at times. I guess the healing process does take some time. My nipples are healing well. The areola is a light pink color and is even with my breast. Wow you wouldn't know they were out on after wards. The nipple area is getting better for color some brown and purple on the outside but almost healed. It's like when you get a scab and its at the last stage but only in a few spots. The skin is a little dry so I will continue to put neosporin medicine on.

I saw my OBGYN on November 25, 2009 and she said everything at this time looked great. We discussed that I will see her twice a year unless there is a problem. I will see her in May 2010 to have an ultrasound of my ovaries to make sure there is no signs of cancer and then 6 months later for my routine visit.

To all my friends and family, have a wonderful Holiday and make sure you stay happy and healthy!!! I know I have to be thankful for this holiday and many more in the future! Make sure you enjoy each day to the fullest as much as you can. Take Care

No comments: