Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bloodwork results

I was a bit frustrated with the nurse who I was in touch with about my blood results. I called her last Friday 3/12/10 and we were disconnected then the phone was busy for the rest of the day. On Monday 3/15/10, I called her again. She said she remembered my name, asked for my home number and she will call me back because it's busy in the office. Monday went by and guess what she never returned my call!!! Now I was starting to think that perhaps the doctor needs to speak with me but she didn't mentioned nothing. My mom made a good point to me. If it was an urgent matter then the doctor would of already called me with the findings. On Tuesday the office is closed. I called once again on Wednesday 3/18/10 and the representative I've been talking with said O" the doctor didn't call you, I left the message on his desk. She could of told me this information a few days ago! I would of make sure I got a hold of the doctor. I didn't have faith that she would make sure the doctor will get my message. I called back and spoke to another representative in the office and made sure my message gets to the doctor today. I won't lie, I was a little nervous by the middle of the day Wednesday and very frustrated. I kept myself  busy through-out the day so I didn't think about it.

At 6:30 PM on Wednesday 3/17/10 the phone rang and it was my Oncologist. He explained  to me that all my test results came back great except for CA-125 which is the blood marker for ovarian cancer. He said the blood level was increased but just a little. The blood test can give a positive/false reading. He wasn't overly concern at this point. I explained that I have an appointment to get an ultrasound of my ovaries on March 29 and he said that was great that I already had the appointment. He said no need to move the test sooner. My curiosity  wanted to know what causes the blood level to change. He mentioned it could be absolute  nothing or perhaps it can be signs for endometriosis, inflammation, abnormal ovulation, viral infection, or gastroenteritis. He wants me to re-take the blood test in one month and inform him if there are any signs of abnormality with my ultrasound.

I spoke with him about what happened  with the nurse. He was glad to get my input about his staff and felt it was important to know this information. He asked if I had his cell phone number which I do but I didn't want to panic and call him right away. If he didn't call me by late Wednesday, I would of called or text his cell phone. He is so nice and said at any time I need to talk with him that I should call his cell phone.

Thursday March 18, 2010 I called my OBGYN office to speak with a nurse. I wanted to find out the best time for a women to get an ultrasound of the ovaries. She explained to get the best readings would be with in 3-4 days after your menstrual  cycle is completed.
I will keep everybody posted when I get my ultrasound done in a few weeks. I feel like nothing is wrong but I will never rule anything out! We need to live life to the fullest each day even thou some days are tough!!!

No comments: