Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Appointments

Monday March 19, 2012
My son saw the ENT DR. for his 3rd follow up regarding his hearing. YES, he passed the hearing test and there was no fluid in his ears. I think the 2nd time on the Steroid helped him. The doctor wants him to stay on the nose spray once a day until Mothers Day. The audiologist  said he wasn't hearing a few high pitches but when she told him to push the button even if he thinks he hears the sound then he improved. She mentioned sometimes they will not push the button because they are afraid to get it wrong and in his case he was nervous that he would have to have surgery. YEA Great News!!!

I had a 10:15 appointment with my breast cancer surgeon but because of my son's appointment I was running late, I called the office to inform them & I was able to get to the office by 10:30. My doctor examined me and felt the lump. The lump was referred to fat necrosis. She confirmed the ultra-sound report. She said its a little different then scar tissue. She feels it could be trauma effect from my last surgery which was in November 2010 - 16 months ago. The report states its 9mm oval lesion in the right breast at 2 o'clock anterior depth 3 cm from the nipple.The ultra-sound report suggested that I have another ultra-sound in 3 months and probably benign finding. My cancer surgeon would like me to see her in 2 months to verify the lump isn't growing or change in shape. The other option she gave me was to have the lump biopsy. This would help ease my mind. She is wondering when my plastic surgeon inserted my fat tissue from my stomach into my breast from my last surgery, if this is the same area where I have the lump where the fat was inserted. She wants me to make an appointment with my plastic surgeon to get her opinion on it as well. If a biopsy will be performed, it will be done in my breast cancer surgeon office. She said it would take about 1/2 hour and she would numb the breast area. She would have to use the ultra-sound machine to help guide the needle into the lump to make sure the implant isn't damaged. She would use a small needle to take a sample piece out of the lump.

She had a copy of my blood work. All my numbers were great. My CA-125 ovarian cancer was a 16. normal is between 0-34. My CA-125/127 was a 22 normal under 38. I also had a complete blood count which the numbers were all great white blood count 8.2 & red blood count was 4.51. I was amazed with my cholesterol. My total was 155 triglycerides 136 HDL 50 and LDL 78. I joined the gym a month ago and haven't been eating complete healthy so I was shocked but real happy. My last cholesterol was 182 and time before that 174.We talked about cancelling my Oncologist appointment for next Monday since just reviewed my blood work and I am seeing my plastic surgeon next week. There is no need to see all three of them in two weeks.

I have an appointment on Thursday March 29 in the evening with my plastic surgeon. I cancelled my appointment with my Oncologist. I spoke with him via text and as long as we don't need to discuss the lump he said to have my blood work done in about 6 months and then see him. I will update my blog after I see my plastic surgeon. Have a great week :)

No comments: