Monday, January 7, 2013

4 Years Cancer FREE today!!!

Great Health and Happiness I wish for everybody in 2013!!!

Today, I am 4 years Cancer Free and many more years ahead of me! I continue to see all of my doctors who are involved with my cancer treatment. I am still taking Tamoxifen and should have only one year left to take the medication. I only have one slight  side effect which is night sweats but it usually only happens in the Summer otherwise no other issues, which is great.

I had my blood work done in November and all  my numbers were good. My  CA-125 which measures Ovarian markers were 14. My CA 127-129 for Breast cancer markers were 19. These #s are down from 6 months ago. The reason why I still check these markers since I had the cancer removed and a hysterectomy is that you can still have cells floating around in your body.

My cholesterol was 178 which is higher than 6 months ago which was 155. I need to get back to exercising. My vitamin D was 44. My Calcium was 9.1 which 6 moths ago was 8.8. I had several other blood test and everything was normal. I will re-do my blood work in about 6 months.

I also had a Dexa Bone Density exam done. My last test was two years ago. I am considered in the normal range for my bones. My test was alittle down from 2 years ago but  I am not in danger. I need to be more diligent about taking my Calcium. My Oncologist explained that its difficult to get your numbers back up but if I exercise, take vitamin D and Calcium  that will help a great deal.This is the magic combo.

I found two small bumps on my right bicep under my skin last week. I believe they are fat deposits or cyst but because of my cancer history I have made an appointment with my Oncologist for Wednesday January 9. I need to be able to relax and know what they are. I text-ed my Oncologist to see if I should see him or another doctor and he said "he would see me but believes its not related to the breast". I will keep everybody updated.

Talk to everybody soon, stay warm :)


No comments: