Hi,
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with the kids sports.
I saw my Oncologist and the bumps on my right bicep arm isn't anything serious. He thought they were in an odd area and usually occur after surgery. He called them cording which normally there are several bumps in a row which I only have two. Here's some information I took off the site.
Axillary web syndrome (AWS), also known as cording, sometimes develops as a side effect of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) or axillary lymph node dissection (ALND). Both procedures involve removing just a few (SLNB) or many (ALND) of the axillary, or underarm, lymph nodes. Most people with breast cancer need to have at least one of these surgeries. Scar tissue from surgery to the chest area to remove the cancer itself also can contribute to cording.
If you want more info please see the following site:
http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/side_effects/aws
He suggest to take Motrin and watch them. If they don't go away, he would send me to a Lymphedema therapists which will message the area to break them down.
My doctor did an exam since I was there and everything was good. He spoke with me about my treatment. He mentioned how nice it is to see me but he will be releasing me soon. I only have a year left on my Tamoxifen. I will only need to see him probably one more time. I will do one more complete round of blood work and see him in about six months. That's great news! As for my treatment going forward, he explained that I will need to see one of my doctors (Oncologist, Plastic Surgeon or my Cancer Surgeon) at least once a year for an exam.
Since I have seen him my bumps have decreased in size but I still have them. They are not bothering me.
Stay warm this winter no matter where you live everybody is experiencing some strange cold weather.
Take Care and make sure everybody stays on top of their health and see the doctors when needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment