The first week for my radiation went well. I didn't have any side effects at this time. I am going each morning at 8:30 AM for my appointments. My radiation doctor is on vacation but I saw the covering doctor this week. Once a week the doctor examines you and ask if you have any questions. The nurse also takes your blood pressure and pulse once a week. The doctor gave me a prescription for a cream that I have to mix with another over the counter cream to apply three times a day to help my skin stay moist. I don't feel the radiation, I just hear the noises from the machine. The procedure takes about 8 minutes. It takes me longer to drive there, park, and wait in the waiting room then the actual procedure. Its about 20 miles round trip from my house and back. The hospital where I go is different then where I had my surgery performed.
I will go this week Tuesday - Friday.
1 comment:
Hi Monica - so glad to hear all went smoothly for you during your first week of treatment! That is such great news! I'm always thinking of you and will continue to do so every day! Thanks so much for the update. Everything is going to be fine...you have so many people who love you...God Bless.
Cheryl (Friend of your Mom's)
Post a Comment