Friday, March 20, 2009

Starting Radiation

The doctor from NY and my Radiation Oncologist reviewed my medical plan together. I will be going to the place where I was originally going to have my radiation but I will not be using the machine he thought I should use. The hospital were I am going has the machine but doesn't use it for the breast. The two doctors agreed on the frequency, dose, fractions and overall treatment plan and they were on the same page.

I will going 5 days a week in the early morning for 28 treatments (5 1/2 week) I will be going Monday - Friday except for my first two weeks. The hospital where I am going has to install new software into their computer so I will start my first treatment on Sunday March 22 - Thursday. The following week I will go Tuesday - Friday and then start a normal schedule Monday - Friday.

I will let inform everybody how I am feeling during my treatment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica - Just wanted to say Hi and let you know I am still thinking of & praying for you! All is going to be just fine...I wish you all the best during your radiation treatments.

Sincerely, Cheryl (Your Mom's Friend)

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up! It's almost over. By summer time it will all be a memory!

Tricia