Saturday, May 16, 2009

misc info

I want to thank everybody for your continued support. I am grateful to have so many of you concerned about my health. The major surgery and radiation is behind me now. I will continue to see my cancer doctor and my plastic surgeon over the next few months before my next surgery. (which probably won't be until November) I am seeing my Oncologist on Monday May 16. I am feeling good. My rash is slowly diminishing and I am not peeling anymore. I will continue to apply the lotions to my skin to help the healing.

I have been so busy with updating about my medical condition that I forget to mention in my blog that I have been attending a support group twice a month since February. My emotions always felt good and strong and I was comfortable talking about my cancer but I enjoyed going to the meetings. I met several nice women who all had a different stories why they were there. It was helpful to attend these classes because the women shared their cancer stories on how they are feeling at their point of their treatment. It was nice to hear from someone else who has been through the situation that you might be coming up too. The best thing I would get from these individuals were suggestions who been through the same situation that I am about to experience.
The support group is on Monday evening every two weeks except for last month it was a 3 week span. I had missed the last two sessions about six weeks and when I went back last week everybody was surprised that I finished my radiation. It didn't seem fast for me but when I haven't seen these individuals they didn't get the latest updates.
The group has one more class left and then will only meet twice this summer. If the same women continue to go, I will continue because you feel a connection to them and want to make sure everybody is healing in a positive direction.
I am going to participate in a Breast Cancer walk in October and will give everybody the information as it gets sooner.
Hope everybody is doing well and feeling great!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Monica, I really admire the way you're handling your situation! You have undoubtedly made a positive impact on the people in your support group, as well as making a connection with others who truly understand what your challenges are.
Know that we're all thinking of you back here in Calif. and wish you well.
Love,
Peggy King