Saturday, May 2, 2009

Radiation week six

My last week for radiation has been completed, 28 treatments done. YEA!!! Monday and Tuesday went as usual but as Wednesday came I started not sleeping well at night because of my skin. Its red all over and the skin was getting more sensitive especially under my armpit and on my side. I still have the rash which is a red color with several dots within the rash. The doctor said the rash will take a few weeks to go away. By Friday, the skin on my side and under my arm had turned a brown color. It feels like a real bad sunburn. When I stretch my arm especially when I sleep it hurts because it stretches the skin and is real sensitive. I will continue to apply both creams onto the entire area for the next few weeks. This will help keep the area moist. I have a little peeling under the breast and on my side. It has been uncomfortable all weekend. I hope each day it gets little better. I am so happy that my treatment is over! I can't imagine if I had to continue. The doctor mentioned if my bra rubs on the area to not wear it and let the area heal.

I spoke with my Oncologist and he said I can make an appointment with in the next few weeks. It wasn't urgent to go on the Tamoxifen right away. He will review what I need to be concerned about going into the future. I will also have some blood work done.

On Monday May 4, I am going to my OBGYN office to make sure my ovaries are okay. I am seeing the doctor who performs the ultrasounds. I will be having a procedure called trans vaginal ultrasound. I will also inquire about getting blood work done to check the level for ovarian cancer within the blood. I will have both procedures done to help rule out ovarian cancer.

No comments: