On Friday April 30, 2010 I had another pelvic ultrasound. I was confused again with the results. I asked her why on my last ultrasound I wasn't informed about my cyst. She explained that they are not cyst. Several individuals for example on my MRI call these pocket of fluids cyst as a general term. She performed the test and confirmed this is still the case. She measured the cyst on my left and it already had decreased in size since the MRI. The two cyst on the right were still large but seem to be getting ready to let the fluid out. This process is normal when a women goes through her menstrual cycle. Some women have the fluid filled structure and never completely go away when she gets her cycle. The progesterone is suppose to release the fluid but in some circumstance it doesn't. I had some fluid under my uterus but was okay. She suggested that I come back either next month or the following month to have another pelvic ultrasound but wants to see me between 5-10 days into menstrual period. She wants to compare the results. Each time I go, she prints out pictures. She asked me to follow up with my OBGYN doctor, same office when she is back from vacation. I am still wondering my CA-125 number has gone up. I had the correct test done so I guess I can't sweat the small stuff but will make sure I keep going to the doctors. I will follow up with my doctor this week.
My Oncologist text-ed me Friday evening and said he received a copy of the ultrasound results. He said everything looked well and he will speak with my doctor this week. It was nice that he followed up.
On Wednesday May 5, 2010 I am going to Long Island to get my areola tattooed. I will keep everybody updated how it went.
No comments:
Post a Comment