I spoke with my OBGYN last Wednesday May 5, 2010 to review my test since she was on vacation. She was still concern about my CA-125 being elevated even thou the ultra-sound was good. She gave me three options: 1. have another pelvic ultrasound when I get my next menstrual cycle and get my blood withdrawn a few days prior, 2 have laproscopic surgery and remove some cells around my cyst and ovaries and have them tested for any cancer cells. If none present no surgery needed. If one of the ovary has cancer then she would remove it. 3. have both of my ovaries removed. She did inform me the medical data has shown if the ovaries are removed too early in a women's life (unless their cancer) don't remove them because you have a greater chance to develop heart disease and Osteoporosis.
We agreed on option number 1. She explained if I get my menstrual cycle in the next few weeks then wait until the next month.
May 12, 2010 I spoke with my OBGYN to inform her that I got my menstrual cycle and it was on a 6 week cycle.She was concern because that is a longer time than normal. This can be due to the medication I am taking. She is worried if my cycles goes another 6 weeks or later that there might be a chance that something is infecting my cells or my cysts are growing and she doesn't want to take any chances. She changed her mind and would like to me come in next week for another pelvic ultra-sound. I have an appointment on Wednesday May 19. I also have to get my blood with drawn prior to the ultra-sound so she can compare the results. I will get my blood work done on Friday or Monday.
I will keep everybody posted as soon as I get the results. Here's another roller coaster ride!!! I am hoping we get the answer soon why my CA-125 (marker for ovarian cancer) has increased. Depending on my blood work and the ultrasound that will determine our next step.
No comments:
Post a Comment