Sunday, May 23, 2010

ultrasound/bloodwork results

May 19, 2010 I had my ultra-sound done. The results were good.  All three of my cyst were completely down to a normal size. When a women has completed her menstrual cycle the pockets of fluid should be decreased. As a women gets closer to get her menstrual cycle the next month, these pockets or cyst fill up with progesterone/estrogen fluid. The cyst that I had are normal looking cyst which don't look abnormal. I asked to speak with my OBGYN to get my blood work results but she was off on this day. The nurse said she didn't have the copy and its probably in my OBGYN's office. I text-ed my Oncologist to see if he received my results back from my blood work.
He called me this afternoon. I kinda knew something was up when I received a call from him. Wow the day started off in a positive direction and just like that my day was turned around!  He thought it was great that my cyst went away but the bad news was my blood work has gone up in numbers once again. The CA-125 is now 83 previous 55. I was in shock since my ultrasound was good. He explained that he contacted an OBGYN Oncologist and explained my situation to him. The new doctor recommended that I have biopsy done by laproscopic surgery. My previous history with breast cancer, my BRAC 2 was undetermined and my blood work is increasing is a concern. He asked  that I speak with my OBGYN tomorrow and speak with her about her decision. I text-ed my Oncologist later the same evening to get the names of the OBGYN Oncologist he would refer me too. He gave me the two names and I started my research on the Internet. I trust his opinion for the selection of doctors but I would like to also know as much as I can. I am going to speak with my OBGYN in the morning.

No comments: