In three hours, I can’t eat or drink anything after midnight. I am having my 3rd and hopefully final surgery. 11-12-08 1st surgery biopsy , 1-7-09 2nd surgery double mastectomy,
11-4-09 tomorrow finish reconstructive. Wow a lot has happened in the past year!!!
I am looking forward to the surgery tomorrow. I was scared to wake up from my last surgery to hear if my cancer was in my lymph nodes and not knowing what my breast would look like. Tomorrow I am excited to be able to wake up and know that I have finished my reconstructive for both breasts. I will be complete and look like a women again! It will be strange because I am used to what I look like now but their going to be perfect tomorrow afternoon. (or after the healing process has finished)
My surgery is scheduled for 12:30 and it will take around 2 hours. The surgery will be an outpatient operation and I will be home by dinner time. I might have some discomfort so the doctor will give me some pain medication.
I will update my blog to let everybody know how the surgery went and how I am feeling.
I have updated my blog with some pictures from the Breast Cancer Walk which was wonderful! The American Cancer Society raised 375,000 for this one walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment