Wednesday, December 15, 2010

follow up with Plastic Surgeon from surgery

On December 9, 2010 I went to see my plastic surgeon for a follow up since my surgery. My appointment was at 12:15 but she was so busy that I didn't get to see her until 1:15. I do understand that she is so popular and this is the only office day she has to see patients but I had plans to have lunch with my close friend that I had to reschedule.
She removed all of my bandage's and cut a few stitches that were sticking out. My breast seemed large still because they are swollen and it should still go down. She didn't give me a time frame. My right breast that needed more work is larger than my left breast because of the surgery but will flatten down. As far as my left breast, I  have a scar at the bottom of the breast where she removed my saline implant and replaced it with my silicone implant. At the top of this breast, I have one stitch where she added some fat tissue to make it look fuller. She did not have to replace my tissue around my implant on this side.On both breasts I had a single stitch underneath the breast towards the cleavage. This is where she injected fat from a different angle.

My right breast has a scar at the bottom of the breast as well where she removed the saline implant and replaced with  the silicone implant. This side is more tender and the scar looks worse. She had to remove all my tissue that was around my implant.The tissue was hard and ruined from the radiation. She also had to remove all the tissue along my side, the margin where the radiation was given. If this didn't happened now she said I would of been in more pain down the road. This explains why I am real sore on this side. As far as the radiation, all of the tissue that was radiated has been removed but there is no guarantee that the radiation is completely gone. There will always be a small chance the radiation is still in my body. I can't stress or think about this situation and if that happens I will deal with it at that time.

As far as the nipples, nothing was changed on the outside of my skin on both breast. I don't have to wear the bra from the hospital anymore, I can wear what I like. She said everything looked real good. She made a statement that my breast look better than hers. We also spoke about some personal stuff about her. Even thou she is my doctor, she is forward and tells you the truth so when she said they look good, she means it from her heart. This must be so awarding for her to see her final work.

I mentioned that the girdle has been making my sides red. She wants me to continue to wear something to help reduce all of the swelling. I can wear the girdle, compression shorts, or even pantyhose with support at the stomach area. As far as my stomach area, it looks great besides the swelling. I told her I was surprise I didn't have much bruising. Everybody reacts different. I do have some bruising near each hip so I asked her if that is where she used her tools to extract the fat. She used the following analogy. If you get a black eye, under your eye gets black and blue. I was laying down on the operation table and the black and blue marks gravitate towards my hips.

My sister-in-law, her boyfriend, niece, my mom, my family and my in-laws went out to dinner to celebrate my father- in -law's 80TH B-Day. I didn't want to wear the girdle to be seen and I knew we would be sitting for a few hours. I had a pair of biking shorts that are form fitting so I wore them as the compression shorts. On a funny note, the bike shorts are extra padded in the private area. My husband said it must feel like I am wearing a pad, YUK.  On a positive note through all these surgeries, I don't have to worry about the monthly friend!

Once in awhile I get sharp pains in both of my breast. It's the tissue/fat settling around my implants. I hope this heals fast. As far as recovery, I am not sure how long the swelling takes to go away. I will have to find out. I am suppose to still take it easy since my body needs to recover. No lifting any heavy items. That's where my family helps me with laundry, vacuuming, and when I go to the stores I ask for help if its a heavy item.

I had to find out how much fat was taken out of my stomach. any guesses................ about 2 lbs. Yes, I know some went back into my breast area but I hope more stayed out of my body!!!!!

I am feeling good and back to normal except for the heavy lifting. My side is tender so I need to rest at times. I think I am favoring my left side because of the tenderness but I try not too. I am alternating wearing my compression shorts and girdle. I am hoping I am completely healed real soon since the holidays are approaching and we will be going to Canada. It's still hard to know the true feeling of my new implants until I am healed. At this time, I am very pleased with them and I am glad I did go with the silicone.

I am seeing my doctor again on 12/16/10 for the 2 week follow up. I will try my best to post the info sooner this time.

No comments: