December 16, 2010 - I saw my plastic surgeon for my 2nd follow up since surgery. I had to wait about 25 minutes for a 5 minute appointment but I wouldn't change my doctor for anything. She was happy to see how much the swelling has gone down. Both breasts are still swollen and my right one is swollen larger because of the traumatic surgery that was done. It will take about 4-6 weeks for the complete swelling to go away from surgery. She felt around the breast to make sure everything was okay.
She asked me how I like them so far. She mentioned silicone is suppose to be softer than my last implants and look more realistic like breasts. At this time, I do like these implants better. Yes, they have a softer feeling. She took a few pictures of each breast for her records.
I am still sore in my arm pit area so she said just be careful. I am cleared from my surgery but said I should wait until January before I start exercising again. Once in awhile, I get a shooting sharp pain in my breast that only last for a few seconds but enough for me to stop what I am doing. She said it's the fat settling and getting adjusted. The nerves will also start to grow back as time goes forward.
My stomach is still swollen as well and I only have two faded bruise marks which is great! There were no muscles in my stomach that were cut during surgery. I should continue to wear my compression shorts or my girdle until all the fluid is gone.
I was able to meet my wonderful friend, she's like a sister to me for lunch that I had to reschedule from the previous week. It was great to see her even for a short period of time. Life is too short not to take time out to take a breather once in awhile.
I feel great and it's still hard to think back and imagine everything I have been through. I look forward to no more surgeries but following up with my cancer doctors will be a part of my life and I have accepted that. I have great family and friends who helped me get through these difficult times. I keep strong, have a positive attitude,and have a mission to be here for my family now and for the future. This helped me stay focus and fight my breast cancer. I feel I made one of the best decision in my life; to remove my breasts. I wouldn't change my decision.
Best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year filled with peace, great health and happiness to everybody.
I will make an appointment to see her again mid January. I will be updating my blog and talk with all of you next year! Wow 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment