Friday January 9, 2009
As usual I was woken up early for my morning medications around 5:30am. I was assuming that my cancer and plastic doctor were in surgery all day so I did not know when I would be discharged. I ate my breakfast and was watching some TV. I guess the medications made me sleepy and I dosed off. I was woken up at 9:00am with both of my doctors to examine me and said I was recovering well and can go home. They informed all of the nurses to get all the paperwork ready for my discharged. I called Gene and he was surprised my doctors already seen me. Emily wanted her dad to get her on the bus for her kindergarten since he is normally at work and I was okay with that. This allowed me to slowly get my things together and have some lunch before I leave. The nurses and doctors were all great during my stay. They attended to all my needs and even gave me some extras as well to take home.
I came home and was tired so I decided to take nap before the kids get off the bus. The kids were excited to see me when they got home. My mom stopped by and gave me some supplies I needed and then my sister in law arrived early evening. It was a nice night and I slept in our new chairs. I slept much better in my own surroundings rather then the hospital.
Saturday January 10, 2009
I woke up not feeling so good. Gene had taken my temperature and I was 101.3, We placed a call to my cancer doctor and said she would like us to speak with the plastic surgeon for some possibilities I am having a reaction to the implants. I didn't have any other signs of a sore throat, redness in my chest area, swelling of the legs, just a bad headache. The only medication I could take was Tylenol. She told me to rest and to call her if the fever gets higher because I might have to go back into the hospital tomorrow to run some testes. I felt better during the day and the fever did go away. I did sleep with an electric blanket on me the previous night so maybe that was a contributing factor. Both of my doctors called to check up on me later in the day to make sure I was feeling okay. The rest of the day and night was okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment