Sorry, I know its been more then a few days since I updated my blog. I didn't have any solid answers so I was waiting before I added more information. I had a great dinner and it was nice to get out of the house to socialize with adults. Some of my husband's co-workers were surprise to see me but why stay home when I feel well and I am living my life as much as I can. Earlier in the day, I picked up my kids from the bus stop for the first time and they were excited to see me which was a good feeling for all of us. I drove for the first time to do a few errands afterwards with the kids. It was awesome to drive again. You don't realize how much you miss something until you can't do it.
My doctors suggested to get a 3rd opinion about the cancer in my breast margin to verify what my doctors have decided is what the others doctors might agree with. The original oncologist I was going to see at Yale will not be available until February 11. She travels around nationally because she works on non- clinical research for breast cancer. She has all my paperwork and will review my case when she gets some time. I have an appointment to see her partner oncologist on Tuesday February 3, 2009. I spoke with my oncologist tonight who I will be seeing going forward and he was comfortable who I will be seeing. He explained the best outcome that will come out for me seeing another doctor at Yale is that the oncologist will review my case with me and will also bring my case to the weekly board meeting with several speciality doctors at Yale to review. This group meets once a week so I will benefit to get additional Yale surgeon doctors review my case as well. My case is not as common as other patients so he explained that the doctors might not have a solid decision but the more opinions we get the better my treatment will be. I hopefully will have all the final reports within the next few weeks. He believes that waiting a few weeks will not be a harm to my cancer and will not spread. I will see my oncologist when all the results are in for our decision.
Tomorrow January 29,2009 I am going to go see my cancer surgeon and possibility my plastic doctor to look at my stitches and healing process. I still have the sore under my left breast but the medication the doctor prescribed as helped and I will continue to apply until its healed. My left breast has been bothering quite a bit. At times I get sharp pains throughout my breast. I am not sure if its the stitches or nerves. I will be talking to the doctor about it tomorrow. I have to take my pain medication at night to help me sleep since it bothers me so much. I now sleep in my bed which is nice but I still can only sleep on my back. I want to sleep on my side so bad but my front of my chest is still sore. Time for bed and rest!
1 comment:
So glad to hear you're up and about!
Take care of yourself and know that we're thinking of you.
Love,
Peggy King & Family
Post a Comment