Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tomorrow is surgery day!

Hello,

My surgery is scheduled for 1:00 tomorrow at Bridgeport Hospital. The surgery will take between 4-5 hours. I will have the results about my lymph nodes by the end of the surgery. I will be in the hospital for two nights. I pampered myself today and went for a hour massage to try to relax and it was wonderful. It helped but honestly early this evening I was getting myself stressed out about tomorrow. Gene will update my blog in the next day or two to inform everybody how my surgery went. I spoke with the doctor and finalized some last minute questions I had for her. She did mentioned if I do have positive lymph nodes even if its under four that there is still a possibility of radiation or even chemo. Lets pray its not but if it is we will work one day at a time. The outcome is already there we just have to see the results. The doctor said I can take a Valium to help me sleep tonight and I should be feeling relaxed in a few minutes since I just took it. The weather here in CT is not too good for tomorrow's forecast. It might be light snow mixed with cold rain to make it slick. The surgery is still on but will make it a miserable trip to the hospital. I will post all my updates from the hospital as soon as I can. Take Care and thank you for all your support and kindness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow, Monica! We'll sure be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.
Love,
Peggy King & Family