Friday, January 16, 2009

latest update

Hi,
These last few days have been busy and I will fill everybody in about the minor stuff but wanted to get the update information about the doctors. My sister in law has been here all week helping with the kids, cooking, and assisting me so that has been helpful. My mom has been doing some of my errands for me so the week and has been great. The week has been going by fast.
The genetic test did come back and for the most part 98.5 its negative for the gene mutation for ovarian cancer but there is a small percentage that I am going to explain in a later blog. This is in a good positive direction.

I went to the doctor yesterday 1/15/09 and this is the latest new:

I will be honest with you these last two days have been hectic and yesterday was hard to hear the news at the doctor's. I was okay at the office and last evening it made me upset. I am updating my blog so I don't have to talk much about it.
I did get two of my drains out today which was great and my lymph nodes final test is negative for cancer. That was the best news! My left breast was also negative for cancer. I did have a very small 4ml invasive cancer in my lower right breast but its removed and no other sign of invasive cancer is in my body since I have chosen to remove it. This is a cleared situation. At this point that is not the doctors main concern. At the top of your breast which leads up to your upper chest area the doctor took off a hug amount of breast cells under the skin to be tested. This test has came back as cancer level 1 on my right breast which is called the margin. Its not skin cancer but still part of breast cancer. I still have a very thin layer of breast cells under my skin that will need to be removed. Its a vary large amount 2-3 inches. At this time we don't know if I will have radiation or remove the entire skin area which will be back into surgery. My case is going to go to the medical dispensary review board on Wednesday which includes several doctors in several areas of medical fields and they will discuss which will be my best care to handle this situation. I will go back to the doctors on Thursday 1/22 to review what decision I will be doing. I don't need to have all my scars/stitches healed for surgery and this will be done within a month. Its a lot to absorb and other issues will be discussed later as far as reconstruction because now the left and right side will be different sizes and we will have to decide how we will handle the implants. At this time the doctor wants to focus on the breast cell cancer and how to take care of it. At this time this is in a local area and has not spread but we want to react before this is an issue.
I appreciate that everybody has supported my family and me during these hectic times and I will get through this but some times I am strong and other times I have some lows. This has been a lot to absorb for all of us. I will update more as soon as I can. Take Care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of my prayers are with you & your family, Monica...You'll be just fine as soon as you get through this upcoming situation that has occured. Keep the Faith! I am!

Sincerely,

Cheryl(A friend of your Mom's)