Hello,
I went to see my doctors last Thursday and my stitches are healing well. My pain that I have been feeling in my left breast is due to nerves possibility where the botox didn't get distributed to help reduce the pain. Its nothing abnormal but I get sharp pains from time to time during the day and it has been very frustrating. The sore under my left breast is also getting better but will take several weeks to heal. I am getting a little itchy because I want to know my health path ahead of me but I have to wait for the additional opinions. I want the best care but its frustrating to wait during the process knowing that I still have cancer. I am also having more pain in my arm pits where the lymph nodes were removed. It's because the muscles/ nerves are starting to repair back within that area. I attended a support group on Monday night which the other ladies also had breast cancer. Each person has a different case but it was good to hear the different options I might face going forward. The meeting meets every other week and I might attend the next meeting to get some additional information about breast cancer. I have my 3rd opinion at Yale on Tuesday, lets pray the big snow storm doesn't come. It seems like every time I have to go to the hospital or doctors it snows.
I would like to thank all my family and friends that have supported me during this difficult time. The phone calls, cards, emails, visits, dinners, and gifts mean a lot to me and my family. Its nice to know that you support my family during the worst times in our lives. I will beat this cancer but unfortunately its not going to be a quick process. I will keep all of you updated as much as I can going forward. Remember it makes a difference to be positive and live your life to the fullest as much as you can each day! We all have our days that are bad but there are always worst situations out there. Take Care!!!
1 comment:
Hi Monica,
These are difficult times for you and your family, but I know your positive spirit and great attitude will carry you through.
Love,
Peggy King
Post a Comment