- The first two days I was home, I needed to take pain medication, slept alot and sat in the recliner chair.
- The first two nights, it was difficult to sleep comfortable at night. I took a Valium pill to help me fall asleep. I slept in our recliner chair in our bedroom.
- My mom, kids, and Gene were helping with the duties around the house.
- Under my chin was sore from the breathing tube that was inserted in my throat during my surgery.
- In the hospital they put a velcro brace around my stomach area to keep area tight and secure. I continued to wear the belt once I was home all week.
- They pumped so much air into my stomach that I had alot of gas pain.
- Almost every-time I ate for the first few days, my stomach would cramp up.
- Two incisions out of five were sore. They were located on the right side of my belly button and inside my belly button. I didn't know the other three were there.
- My wrist continues to hurt where the IV was inserted. I get nerve pain in two of my fingers when I move it certain ways.
- I would walk around often so my body doesn't get sore from sitting.
- It was strange once a week was here, I felt better with the pain. It was only on and off. I take medication only when needed. The gas pain was getting better but still bothered me.
- On the 8TH day of recovery my sister in law and niece were here visiting and I was able to get out of the house and go shopping for a few hours. It felt good to get out of the house but I had to remind myself not to bend over and pick up heavy items.
- On the 10TH day my sister in law and niece took the kids overnight since they don't see them because they live in another state. Gene and I went out to dinner and to the movies. It was nice to get out. I continue to wear the velcro belt especially when I go out of the house.
- Each day is improving. I can't wait until I am able to drive again. You don't realize how much you miss something until it is gone.
I went for my two week follow up at the doctors and I will give update in the next day or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment