On Monday June 28, 2010 I saw my OBGYN Oncologist for a follow up appointment after my surgery.
The appointment went well. He confirmed there was no cancer. The washing test came back with no findings which is also good. The bandages were removed and are healing good. Two of the stitches have scabs on them but should heal okay. I will keep neosporin on them until their healed. I don't need to cover them anymore. Its amazing the incision look like a small scratch. If someone saw the marks they wouldn't know the marks were from surgery. He said my belly button and the incision right next to it hurt the most because the incisions were bigger/deeper than the other incisions. He also took a sample of my fat in my stomach area to verify there was no cancer. I asked him why he couldn't take more fat from me! He laughed and said I didn't need it. He's too kind. I was amazed to find out that I have no more restrictions except for no sex for 6 weeks. I questioned him even about exercising and he said I am cleared as long as I am feeling good. I am going to still take it easy and not lift heavy items because I don't want to over do it. I feel there was alot taken from the inside my body and I need to be cautious. The only side effect now that I am postpartum is that I have woken up 4 times out of the 13 days having night sweets. He said that was great because I would of shown any side effects the next day after surgery. He claims that I will not have the other side effects if I haven't had them already. I guess we will have to see with time and as I get older.
I told him about my left wrist pain with the IV situation. He mentioned his wife had the same issue after her surgery. It took her wrist 6 months before it was healed. He said my wrist looked swollen but if I am seeing small improvements hopefully it wont take too long to heal. I had an internal exam and everything was well. I will need to follow up with my OBGYN in 2 more weeks and review with her if she wants me to go on Estrogen. He said if it was his decision he likes women to have it and feels women need Estrogen but because Estrogen grows on cancer that I need to discuss the decisions with her. I discussed with my OBGYN in the past and I don't think I will take it unless I am having bad side effects. He reviewed to see my Oncologist in regards to the medication related to my breast cancer. I don't need to see him anymore since no cancer was found. He was a great guy and I would refer him in a second.
I am feeling wonderful and glad I can drive again. I am doing everything I did before the surgery except I am still not lifting heavy items. I do make sure I sit down a little during the day and not to over do it. I am hoping to start to exercise again soon. I have to also take it easy with my left wrist. My gas in my stomach is 99% better. Yea!
I have an appointment with my Oncologist on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment